After forgot Windows 10 password, how to reset Microsoft account or local user password to login in Windows 10? Whether you can reset Windows 10 password like recover Windows XP/Vista/7/8 password? windows 10 forgot password. I am afraid you cannot. Because Microsoft account and local user password could not be reset at the same time like Windows 8/8.1, and there is no Microsoft account in Windows 7/Vista/XP.
In fact, to get a cheap windows 10 product key is very easy. the ways to reset a Windows 10 password could depend on the account type, since Microsoft account requires a different procedure compared to a local account. So now let’s talk about it separately.
Part 1: Recover Windows 10 Microsoft Account Password
When your Microsoft account password forgot, don’t be worried. Microsoft online forms provide a function for Microsoft account user to recover forgotten Microsoft account password.
Therefore, windows 10 home product key, if your Windows 10 has configured with Microsoft account logon, you can reset a new password for Microsoft account on Microsoft online forms and then you can access Windows 10.
Fortunately, the procedure of Windows 10 Microsoft account password reset is the same to Windows 8. So if you want to get more information, just go to see this passage How to reset Windows 8 Microsoft account password.
Part 2: Reset Windows 10 Forgotten Local User Password
Have you set Windows 10 login with local user account and user password lost? Then reset Microsoft account password would not help you to sign in Windows 10. Only after Windows 10 forgotten local user password reset, can you successfully access Windows 10 again.
- Method 1: Create a new user or reset Windows 10 password with command
- Method 2: Reset forgotten Windows 10 user password with password tool
This is a method that can reset Windows 10 forgotten password not directly. windows 10 forgot password safe mode. By creating new administrator to get administrative privileges, you can easily reset Windows 10 user password, or delete Windows 10 user whose password is forgotten. Besides, Windows 10 user password can be reset in the process or administrator creation. What you need to do is to change “add user command” to “password reset command”.
1. Set locked Windows 10 computer boot from Windows 10 DVD.
Before you boot Windows 10 from DVD, please confirm that UEFI and Secure Boot are disabled.
2. Open Command Prompt with Shift + F10 keys.
3. Run commands to replace the full utilman.exe with cmd.exe. And before replacement, make a copy of utilman.exe would let you restore it later.
replace utilman exe with cmd exe
4. Remove Windows 10 DVD and restart Windows 10.
restart problematic windows 10
5. Once you are on Windows 10 sign-in page, purchase windows 10 product key, click the Utility Manager icon at the left bottom of interface.
6. If everything goes well, command prompt runs. You can type following commands to create a new user account and add it to Windows 10 local administrator group.
create new windows 10 administrator
7. Click the Windows screen to make the sign-in page appear again. Your new account would show up with other user accounts, and you can sign in Windows 10 without a password.
It is worth mentioned that, you can reset Windows 10 local user password with command with above procedure. Just need to change the commands in step 6.
reset windows 10 password with command
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 forgotten user password with password tool
If you feel above method is a little difficult to use, this method Windows Password Genius Advanced would be easy for you to reset Windows 10 password effectively. Any doubts? Let’s first see the key features of this method.
Key 1: This password tool creates Windows password reset disk which can reset local user password and create new administrator for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows server computer. It means that it can effectively solve Windows computer lock problem.
Key 2: Only simple three steps are necessary, and you can reset Windows 10 password with step wizard, even though you are not so familiar with computer.
Now it’s time to see how this password recovery tool reset Windows 10 forgotten password.
Step 1: Prepare Windows Password Genius Advanced on accessible computer.
In order to reset user password in one time successfully, Windows Password Genius advanced full version is recommemded to install and run on accessible computer.
Step 2: Create a Windows password reset disk with tool.
Besides password tool, password reset disk burning device is required for Windows 10 password reset disk creation. You can choose bootable USB flash drive or CD/DVD-ROM.
- 1. Insert burning device into accessible computer.
- 2. Select device type, USB device or CD/DVD-ROM on Windows Password Genius Advanced.
- 3. On the left side of button “Begin burning”, select the inserted burning device. And then click burning button.
- 4. When successful message appears, click OK and exit burning device. Password reset disk has been created now and it is saved in burning device.
Step 3: Reset Windows 10 local user password.
When you have prepared a Windows password reset disk created with Windows Password Genius Advanced, go on to see how to reset Windows 10 password with it.
1. Insert burning device with password reset disk into Windows 10 computer.
2. Boot Windows 10 computer from USB device or CD/DVD-ROM.
3. When password reset program runs, confirm Windows 10 system and then select user in user list you want to reset password. Click Reset Password button and tap Yes.
4. Wait for a message that could tell you Windows 10 password has been reset successfully.
If you have followed above steps to reset Windows 10 password, believe Windows 10 password has been removed. It’s your time to sign in Windows 10 without password.
https://www.facebook.com/windows10gurucom-248952522128240/” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>https://www.facebook.com/windows10gurucom-248952522128240/”>https://www.facebook.com/windows10gurucom-248952522128240/